Saturday, April 01, 2006

Attracting a Following

Dear Reader, as you may have gathered from this blog, I pay huge attention to its visitor stats. I'm more of an amateur journalist than a diarist here: I want readers. And, I'm happy to say, readers I'm gettin'!

Yesterday was the first time Salto sobrius had over 100 returning unique visitors. This means that there are more than 100 people who have read the blog more than once.

Yesterday also marked the end of the blog's third full calendar month. This makes it easy to calculate average hit rates. Let's look at the average daily number of returning unique visitors for the past three months.
Jan: 22 returning readers a day
Feb: 34 returning readers a day (Jan+11)
Mar: 43 returning readers a day (Feb+9)
Guys, thank you! You're making this worthwhile. If I can have a wish, it'll be for more comments. Fire away! My writings here should make it clear that you don't have to be perfect to honk your horn.

6 Comments:

Blogger Morelli said...

honk honk!!

01 April, 2006 12:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now your being too modest, I'm impressed with your writings, both literary and stamina. I have to admit that I don't read the archeology entries as closely as the ones related to skepticisms but thats no critizism. It's just not my topic but I don't mind getting educated in general about new things. Keep up the good work!
Vitnir

01 April, 2006 20:42  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks, buddy, that truly warms my heart!

01 April, 2006 20:47  
Blogger martha said...

You're famous! Your following is pretty damn good for the relatively short time you've been around. I don't generally comment on the archeological posts, but that's only because I don't know enough to say anything relevant, not because I'm not interested. Keep up the good work.

01 April, 2006 20:49  
Blogger Martin said...

Aaaw, I'm getting lovebombed here! Martha, I hope you're not afraid to ask if anything in the archaeology entries is obscure.

01 April, 2006 20:53  
Blogger martha said...

No, I think you communicate to a layperson very well. It's just that my knowledge of the politics around archaeology is nil, and I don't have enough info to comment, especially about Scandinavian sites. My sister lives in New Mexico, where there are petroglyphs and cave dwellings everywhere-- she recently found un uncatalogued petroglyph in the canyon below her house. So that I would be more able to comment on because I've seen some sites. But I will certainly ask if I'm confused by something.

02 April, 2006 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker