Sunday, October 01, 2006

Booming



A commenter on this blog once wrote that entries about how many readers you've got are really boring. So I'll make this brief.

Both in terms of readership and linkership, Salto sobrius is doing wonderfully well. It's currently ranked a global number 18343 on Technorati, number five on the skepticism top-10, and a shared number five on the archaeology top-10. This is largely thanks to participation in, and particularly hosting of, popular blog carnivals.

Thanks everybody for making this worthwhile!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Woo hoo! You're near rock star status is growing. Congrats!

01 October, 2006 14:51  
Blogger Martin said...

Thanks! I'm really pleased. (-;

01 October, 2006 15:12  
Blogger Mojoey said...

you should see a 350+ day today and tomorrow from CotG. Congrats - I love your blog. I think it is one of the best reads on the web.

01 October, 2006 17:10  
Blogger Martin said...

Wow, Mojoey, that really warms my heart! Not least seeing as you're a really big fish in the Technorati pond.

Looks like the blog's going to see about 900 unique hits today.

01 October, 2006 20:17  
Blogger Karen said...

Holy Shit! 900? Oh My god. Hmmm, I may need to start my own carnival... :)


Now I just have to think of what I'd call it?

01 October, 2006 20:58  
Blogger Martin said...

There are loads of carnivals on various themes, and many look actively for hosts. To qualify for a carnival, you don't have to have a blog that is entirely focussed on that theme. Just as long as you can offer a good entry that is at least tangentially relevant, then you're in!

And starting a new carnival is easy. What's harder is building it a following. It takes publicity work and the support of high-profile bloggers.

01 October, 2006 21:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker